Our Twitter campaign #create GlobalCitizenslocally, re-tweet and promote Global Education!
Why is Global Education so important?
Part of The Northwood Program's mission is to remove borders by facilitating Global Experiences to create world?ready "Global Citizens".
- Achieve outstanding college readiness
- Excel in today’s dynamic "Global Economy"
- Learn about a wide variety of Global Cultures
- “90% believe it is ‘important’ or ‘very important’ to prepare future generations of Americans for a global society;
- “92% agree that knowledge of other languages will give future generations a competitive advantage in career opportunities;
- 94% feel it is important for future generations to have knowledge of other countries and cultures.”
“In today’s world, the status quo is tantamount to a kind of educational isolationism. That is unacceptable... [we must] foster teaching excellence in international education, and create a new cadre of highly qualified teachers who understand the international dimensions of their subjects... teachers must be qualified to prepare young people for the opportunities and challenges of globalization.”
- Excerpted from Michael H. Levine (Progressive Policy Institute)
Putting the World into Our Classrooms: A New Vision for 31st century Education,2005